And how are we defining the top love song on Spotify? The listeners, of course – just check out the data that shows the mind-blowing popularity among those who just love this track:
- “All of Me” is the most-added song in “love”-themed playlists. Spotify listeners have created more than 75 million playlists with the word love in the title.
- The track is also the top song choice for both men and women on playlists titled Valentine’s Day
- “All of Me” has been added to more than 29M playlists
- Since its release in 2013, streams of the track have spiked by at least 50% every year on Valentine’s Day – most notable spike was in 2017 with an 85% increase in streams
“The impact of ‘All of Me’ continues to amaze and inspire me,” John Legend told Spotify. “I’m so honoured to know we created something that has meant so much to so many people. I wrote this song to express how I felt to the woman I love as we were about to commit to a lifetime together. But, often, the best songs are able to express something in a way that is both personal and universal. I’m grateful to know that lovers around the world have connected with this song and made it their own.” Go to our blog post on For the Record to learn what John says fans share with him about “All of Me.”
Spotify fans simply can’t get enough of the Legend of Love (and PEOPLE’s 2019 “Sexiest Man Alive”) – his new single “Conversations in the Dark” has already seen more than 10 million streams on Spotify since its release last month. And according to John, the track has wife Chrissy Teigen’s stamp of approval: see our blog post for more on that, plus John shares the couple’s plans for this Valentine’s Day.
And clearly music makes for the best romantic gift on Valentine’s Day — we’ve seen a growing trend with listeners choosing to share their Valentine’s Day playlists with their special someone on Spotify. Last year, Valentine’s Day playlists were gifted almost twice as much on February 14th compared to 2018.
If you need inspo for what to add to your romantic playlist, look no further than Legend’s catalogue on Spotify: This Is John Legend. Also check out Love Pop, Spotify’s most-followed playlist of love songs.
Below you’ll find the top 10 songs that appear most on Valentine’s Day playlists globally.
Songs that appear most on Valentine’s Day playlists globally:
- “All of Me” – John Legend
- “Thinking out Loud” – Ed Sheeran
- “Just the Way You Are” – Bruno Mars
- “I Will Always Love You” – Whitney Houston
- “Can’t Help Falling in Love” – Elvis Presley
- “My Girl” – The Temptations
- “Make You Feel My Love” – Adele
- “Perfect” – Ed Sheeran
- “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing – from “Armageddon” – Aerosmith
- “I’m Yours” – Jason Mraz
Download the Spotify app via the Android or iOS app store or by heading to www.spotify.com – to embed Spotify into a website – right click on any playlist, go to ‘share’ and copy embed code.